Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Samoa Joe VS Bryan Danielson Fight of the Century 8/5/06

OK, rarely am I as wrong as I am now, but man this match disappointed me. Kind of like there match in 04. The first 15 or so minutes are fine with Danielson getting kicked everytime he tries to get an advantage on Joe and going outside to reset. Eventually we get to Joe’s leg being worked over which was OK. Joe sold the leg well during the beating, but kind of shook it off later which made the leg selling during the muscle buster made me think “Oh now it’s ok to sell.” Also, it feels silly to do a Regal Stretch as a possible finish when it was being used to work over Joe in the middle of the match. Ending was fun, I guess. I think the big issue with this was that it just seemed way to back and forth without much of it being earned. There also just seemed to be a lack of highlights throughout. Even with Daniels bad selling in the second half, I would would rather watch the Punk/Daniels broadway then this match. Sadly, No.

No comments:

Post a Comment